7 Guidelines To Creating Your eBook

By


Yesterday morning I had an amazing chat with 2 bloggers you can really expect great things from in the near future. I completely agreed with them when they noted that while most bloggers will talk about monetizing a blog, no one really gets down to the specifics and answers the real questions. We talked about different ways to monetize their specific blogs and the topic came up about eBooks. How do I have about writing one? Formatting an eBook? Publishing it?

First of All, What is an eBook?

An eBook is essentially a lovely Word Document formatted to a PDF. It is then adorned with a beautiful cover, and voila, an eBook is born.
Sounds simple enough doesn't it?
So how do I get started?

Outline

The first step in writing an eBook is getting an outline. The way I start writing my eBooks is I write down the title of the chapters. This gives me a perfect roadmap of what I need to include in the eBook. This also gives me the perfect timeline for writing my eBook. If I work on at least one chapter for 2 days each, it should take me a little over a month to finish the eBook.

Just Write

One of the biggest time wasters when it comes to writing an eBook is becoming distracted while you edit along the way. You need to write, and keep on writing. Do not bother with the spell check. I'm sure your grammar will sound off and what you'll write will just look like complete crap, but the method here is to just get something down in front of you. Then when you are done, go back, edit, delete, and re-write. The hardest step when it comes to writing an eBook is actually doing the writing. This way, you have at least something to work on if you just put words to paper (or screen.)

Use Google Docs

I use Google Docs to write because I love how it saves everything every couple of seconds. I don't have to worry about my computer freezing, or forgetting to charge my laptop when it turns off and takes my Word Document with it. I also use Google Docs to write because it saves online. This means I can hop onto any computer, anywhere, and finish some more chapters at any time.

Create a Cover

You can choose a style, whether it is a heavy book, paperback, magazine style, and so on. There are also more options like CD covers, membership cards, and more. You can create a cover in seconds with a click and paste option, or you can upload your own design.

Let Bloggers Review it For Free

The best way to get the word out about your new eBook and sending it your favorite bloggers and getting them to review it. Not only does this mean your eBook is exposed to every single one of their readers, but you'll get great reviews to post on your blog about your eBook. You can also use services like Business2Blogger.com that has a free option for marketing to bloggers. This should be the easiest step.

Affiliate Program

I use Ejunkie.com to sell all of my products because of their super easy affiliate programs. You can set up an affiliate program for your new eBook so that other bloggers can sign up and sell your eBook for a percentage. Percentages range from 15% to %50 of sales.

Update

Once or twice a year, it's also a good idea to go back and update your eBook. Material is always changing and it's a good idea to revisits the book, add more details, or re-write some that have become irrelevant.
Writing an eBook is a rewarding and easy way to monetize your blog and become a published author along the way. For some ideas on what topics to write about, do a quick Google search on what people in your niche are spending on information products and go from there.

If you are looking for SEO Training or SEO Institute in Delhi than visit DelhitrainingCourses.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daisy_Graham_Jones

2 comments:

  1. SEO Course Delhi to learn how to rank your site and gain visibility on Google and Free Demo Available SEO Course Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Unique Information and Here Learn
    Advance SEO Course and keep share more blog on SEO.

    ReplyDelete